Animal Lovers Web Forum
Wolves raised for fur - Printable Version

+- Animal Lovers Web Forum (http://www.animalloverswebforum.com)
+-- Forum: General (http://www.animalloverswebforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Petitions and Events (http://www.animalloverswebforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Wolves raised for fur (/showthread.php?tid=1831)

Pages: 1 2

Wolves raised for fur - Catherine - 12-15-2015

This is a bit complicated, but if I understand it, there is a woman running a place where people can come and see wolves and other animals. She displays the wolf cubs, collects money and lets people think it is a conservation effort. Then she kills and skins the wolves and sells the pelts.  She claims she only skins wolves that die of natural causes, but at an earlier time when she had legal trouble she claimed that she was killing the wolves

http://www.takepart.com/article/2015/12/07/activists-sue-operator-wolf-fur-farm?cmpid=tpdaily-eml-2015-12-07

I think the people suing her probably have it right. At any rate, it is worth signing the petition. What she is doing is wrong on so many levels.

RE: Wolves raised for fur - Tobi - 12-16-2015

My browser threw a prima donna tantrum when I tried (dared!) to load the page at this time of day. It refused to do anything. That is not the page's fault, but a slow connection here. I shall look at it and sign the petition later this evening when everyone in my area has gone to bed.

At a glance I would think that if activists are involved, they must have some evidence, or a witness or two...

It is horrible and terribly sad. Who wears a Wolf fur anyway?? Only a heartless idiot would do that.

RE: Wolves raised for fur - Catherine - 12-16-2015

There are still people out there who want a wolf fur coat. Of course there are also people who want to hunt wolves.
The world still has nasty people in it. I just don't want to spend time with them.

Sometimes odd pages are hard to load. I have times of the day when I can't see some things.I guess none of us have perfect internet.

RE: Wolves raised for fur - Tobi - 12-18-2015

Misty had a Wolf fur bed. Of course -it was fake fur. It used to be a coat of mine, which saved me during a freezing and very rough sea crossing on the North Sea once in 1979...(Well, that and a few swigs of Vodka! LOL! Smiley4 ) That had to be the coldest circumstance I had ever been in, but that coat was every bit as warm, I am sure, as a real Wolf fur.

I altered it and made a bed for Misty out of it, which she lay on during the evenings downstairs.

It looked exactly like a Wolf pelt....only it wasn't. No-one was brutally killed to make it!

RE: Wolves raised for fur - Catslave. - 12-18-2015

I have good internet and I had trouble loading it I'll try again later.

RE: Wolves raised for fur - Catherine - 12-18-2015

It loaded really well for me this time, but when I posted the site I had trouble loading the page. Maybe certain times of the day are a problem.

RE: Wolves raised for fur - Ruth - 01-08-2016

I saw a video of a wolf being shot at point blank range. It sickened me. Took me quite awhile to get it out of my head. It is still haunting me. I don't believe in any kind of hunting. It is insane in my opinion.

RE: Wolves raised for fur - Catherine - 01-08-2016

Quote:Misty had a Wolf fur bed. Of course -it was fake fur. It used to be a coat of mine, which saved me during a freezing and very rough sea crossing on the North Sea once in 1979...(Well, that and a few swigs of Vodka! LOL! [Image: smiley4.gif] ) That had to be the coldest circumstance I had ever been in, but that coat was every bit as warm, I am sure, as a real Wolf fur.

I altered it and made a bed for Misty out of it, which she lay on during the evenings downstairs.

It looked exactly like a Wolf pelt....only it wasn't. No-one was brutally killed to make it!
Since perfectly good alternatives are available no one needs an actual animal skin to keep warm.
I grew up in Winnipeg and didn't wear fur.
You are right Ruth. Hunting like that is sickening. I can't begin to understand the mind of a killer like that. I guess I am glad I can't understand. There is a sickness in our species that needs to kill for no reason.

RE: Wolves raised for fur - Ruth - 01-10-2016

Yes, much of our species are not evolving and just are stagnant in an insane life style that supports killing. How would the hunter like to be hunted?

RE: Wolves raised for fur - Catherine - 01-10-2016

Some people are stuck in the past and have not evolved.  There are many who have evolved. Years ago no one would have had a problem with killing wolves for fur. Now many people object to fur farming and hunting.

The fact that we are discussing this is a sign that there has been evolution. We just have a long way to go as a species.