Animal Lovers Web Forum
Rosebert is gone - Printable Version

+- Animal Lovers Web Forum (http://www.animalloverswebforum.com)
+-- Forum: General (http://www.animalloverswebforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Rainbow Bridge (http://www.animalloverswebforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: Rosebert is gone (/showthread.php?tid=2194)

Pages: 1 2

Rosebert is gone - Catherine - 05-23-2016

This morning when I fed the piggies Rosebert didn't eat. I knew this was the end. I spent time with him off and on and sat and rubbed his back and tried to make him comfortable. He just seemed to drift away quietly. At one point Caramel in the other enclosure was giving an alarm call and that might be when he actually died. He died quietly the way he lived.

Rosebert was a gentle pig and a fine member of the herd. He was considerate and kind to the other piggies, especially his younger brother. He will be missed by all.

This is a cute picture of Rosebert testing out a new pillow

[Image: IMG_0749.JPG]

I am going to miss being greeted by this pretty face every morning.
[Image: IMG_0768.JPG]

I will miss my Rosebert, but he has a mother and father and many friends waiting for him across the rainbow bridge.
Like his father he had a happy life and he died surrounded by those who love him.

RE: Rosebert is gone - Catslave. - 05-23-2016

So sorry Catherine plenty of munchies over the Rainbow Bridge for Rosebert.

RE: Rosebert is gone - Catherine - 05-24-2016

Thank-you. He has many friends waiting for him and I hope they have a big furry guinea pig festival.

Rosebert spent his whole life with me and he was never any trouble. He was always sweet natured and loveable and loved by everyone.

RE: Rosebert is gone - Cibach - 05-24-2016

Dear Rosebert. I'm glad his passing was quiet and gentle, but what a large hole he leaves.
I hope the boys are ok. They do seem to cope very well, don't they. They just get on with life and adjust to the new situation.
I hope you're ok, Catherine. It's a privilege to care for such gentle creatures, and to have cared for him all his life is wonderful. But makes it all the harder when they go.
Join the big piggy party, Dear Rosebert. We'll all join you when it's time.

RE: Rosebert is gone - Ruth - 05-24-2016

Heart I'm sorry you have lost Rosebert.  I know he was such a joy to you and you will miss him.  Be good to yourself.  He is a little piggie angel now. Smiley19

RE: Rosebert is gone - cathie - 05-24-2016

My condolences to you Catherine.

RE: Rosebert is gone - Catherine - 05-24-2016

Thank-you everyone. I am relieved that he passed peacefully. We are only just beginning to miss him.  I feel for Norbert. Rosebert was his older brother and he has never known life without him. They were both very quiet like their mother. I am counting on Robbie, Martha and the Muffin to lift his spirits. Norbert seems to like our little Muffin because she is as shy as he is.

They are eating just a part of their food so they are really missing him.

Rosebert was a fine gentle guinea pig and he joins a fine family of piggies.
We  all miss him, but we are glad to have known him.

Goodbye sweet Rosebert. Heart

RE: Rosebert is gone - Tobi - 05-25-2016

Blessings, dear little Rosebert, sweet boy Angel  You are much missed, but I know you will be happy in the meadows of Heaven Heart 

I am sorry for your loss, even though you were expecting it, Catherine. Hugs Heart

RE: Rosebert is gone - Catherine - 05-25-2016

Thank-you. I saw it coming, but I still miss him. Mostly guinea pigs die suddenly or at least it is only a few days.  Rosebert was a strong guinea pig and he held on to life. It gave me time to give him special care and spoil him for his last weeks. He deserved it. Rosebert was always a contented piggie and never asked for anything. I am glad I could make his last days comfortable and happy.
He is the last of Lambert's children. The rest of the family is gone.  Time goes so fast when you have small pets. Rosebert was a cute little baby such a short time ago. That short time is actually 7 years. That means that Pigbert has been gone almost 6 years.
Where does the time go.

RE: Rosebert is gone - Tobi - 05-29-2016

I know. Time is very strange. It seems like only a month or two since I was with Misty and Jet happily running in the fields, fit and strong....
And that is 5, 6, 7 or more years ago.
It is now 4 years since I first started looking after Sally cat!

Sometimes it is very difficult having the longevity which humans have. We see so many loved ones leave us for better worlds...

But the other day I looked up at one of the massive Oak trees near my house. It's girth has to be 5 or 6 feet. And it has been there for hundreds of years. I bet it thinks I am just a flbberty-gibbet -here today, gone tomorrow! Smiley4

Bless dear little Rosebert Heart