Animal Lovers Web Forum
Happy 7th Birthday Norbert! - Printable Version

+- Animal Lovers Web Forum (http://www.animalloverswebforum.com)
+-- Forum: Animals (http://www.animalloverswebforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Guinea Pigs (http://www.animalloverswebforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Happy 7th Birthday Norbert! (/showthread.php?tid=2520)

Pages: 1 2

Happy 7th Birthday Norbert! - Catherine - 11-07-2016

That's right, it is Norbert's seventh Birthday. Can it really be seven years since I sat up with Miss Charlie while she had her babies.
She had dear departed Rosebert as her first litter (he was big). The second litter was Miss Penny, a little lilac boy, both Lambert's children. Then she had a much smaller little one who looked very different and I knew that my dear little handicapped Pigbert as an old man had become a father. Pigbert knew that was his son. He adored him.

[Image: y3mXS5pi2UDeK0jvzeWxCcaqaSCAuLA2oYHzIf7f...pmode=none]

Have you ever seen anything cuter?
[Image: y3mBEzVsdaOICGCwVjNSITFqA49PMrgkB_VDx_vD...pmode=none]
He grew up to be a sweet little guinea pig.
[Image: y3m-6vJU-KgVr-SPWud6ZkCOnlVnwiCga4I7Iz4U...pmode=none]
As you can see he really is a fine looking piggie
[Image: 1134_c2db.JPG?c=7e64]
He has lived his life with a group of boys. Rosebert is his half brother and Lambert is Rosebert's father. They were so close.
[Image: 1135_da43.JPG?c=648b]
Then Robbie and Murray joined the herd. They always got along and were very happy together.
[Image: 1137_892d.JPG?c=7eb9]

Now with the rest of them gone Norbert is living with Mama Martha and the Muffin.
Norbert has been surrounded by love and given love all his life. He has been content with what he had and enjoyed the good things. He has known sadness as old friends died, but he has always welcomed new friends.
[Image: 1138_7bc5.JPG?c=ee33]
His father was always a loving and gentle guinea pig in spite of being handicapped. Norbert has been a quiet loving presence and I have always felt he was Pigbert's gift to me before he died. He couldn't stay any longer so he gave me his beautiful son to be with me all these years. I call him Norbert, but he is also Little Bert and Mini Pigbert. I can't believe that after seven years he is still with me. Heart

RE: Happy 7th Birthday Norbert! - LPC - 11-07-2016

Delightful photos, Catherine. Happy birthday, dear Norbert! Is he going to get a special treat?

RE: Happy 7th Birthday Norbert! - Tobi - 11-08-2016

Wishing you a very happy birthday Norbert!
What a little sweetie!
:birthday-banner-with-dogs

RE: Happy 7th Birthday Norbert! - Catherine - 11-08-2016

Dear little Norbert. He still looks very good for such an old guinea pig.

I brought home some fresh picked greens:red and green Swiss chard, dark purple kale and some beautiful parsley. I even picked some of the last peppers of the season. I have the last of the garden tomatoes, but they are still green. I figure a few days inside and the piggies can have a tomato feast. (the store tomatoes didn't look too good)

He is quiet as always, but he is happy with the two girls. Heart
I don't know how much longer he will be with me, but he looks very well right now.

RE: Happy 7th Birthday Norbert! - Ruth - 11-08-2016

Happy Birthday Norbert. He is a cutie! Thank you for sharing his story Catherine. He is a special piggy!

RE: Happy 7th Birthday Norbert! - Catherine - 11-08-2016

He was such a surprize when he was born. He has always been cute. He still has the same look on his face that he had as a baby.
Both his parents were overjoyed and all the other piggies who have lived with him have loved being with him. He has been happy all his life and brought others happiness.

RE: Happy 7th Birthday Norbert! - Ruth - 11-12-2016

Awww..he is a real joy!

RE: Happy 7th Birthday Norbert! - Catherine - 11-12-2016

He is a joy. He is very quiet though. He is an old guinea pig and he has slowed down a lot.  I was really hoping he would make it to seven. His mother lasted three years and his father five years. Norbert has had a quiet life with little stress. I think that makes a difference.

RE: Happy 7th Birthday Norbert! - Ruth - 11-13-2016

Yes, stress makes a lot of difference, I think. I hope he will make it well beyond 7! Smile

RE: Happy 7th Birthday Norbert! - Catherine - 11-13-2016

He looks good for now, but he also looks old. The girls really love him so if good company can help he will live a while longer.