Animal Lovers Web Forum
Finally! - Printable Version

+- Animal Lovers Web Forum (http://www.animalloverswebforum.com)
+-- Forum: General (http://www.animalloverswebforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Intro (http://www.animalloverswebforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Finally! (/showthread.php?tid=385)

Pages: 1 2

Finally! - platy - 02-28-2014

I had no idea what happened to the old site, but I finally found the new one!

RE: Finally! - Catherine - 02-28-2014

Welcome back. I have tried to find you. I searched every old forum email just in case I had your contact info. I tried looking up anything I could think of, but no luck. I reposted some things on the new Forum hoping the "old Post" name would help people find us.

We have missed you. How are you doing?

We lost our hosting on the server and everything disappeared. It was never in my name so I couldn't fix it. I set up a new site instead. The new software is so much better and super easy to use. It even filters out a lot of the spammers.

Now you give me hope that more of our lost sheep will find us.

RE: Finally! - platy - 02-28-2014

Thank you Catherine Smile I think a fresh start was definitely what the forum needed.

It's been a rather busy summer, but all is well. I'll post some pictures later on. I have a lot of topics to catch up on!

RE: Finally! - Catherine - 02-28-2014

We have been busy. I really pushed setting up topics so we could generate activity. I figured that was the best way to find people.

We are better off. I am sorry we lost our archives. There was a six year history and losing that was sad. However the new software is state of the art. I went on a site that rates forum software and selected this one because it meets our needs. The hosting for the new web site was set up to directly install the software. We no longer have all those hours of spam management to deal with. No validating!

It is so easy to edit and add new sections. Posting pictures is easy. We lost the banner and pictures, but we set up a new one and used my animal pictures. I feel like we already have a new history. I got to make the first post on the new Forum and I noted the time and date so we can celebrate our anniversary when it comes around.
I am still really excited about it.
From a total loss we have created a whole new forum.Heart

RE: Finally! - LPC - 02-28-2014

Great that you found us, Platy! A warm re-welcome! I see that Catherine has already set you up as an admin on the new site.

RE: Finally! - platy - 02-28-2014

Thank you LPC Smile Glad the forum hadn't disappeared forever.

RE: Finally! - Catherine - 03-01-2014

I think we are all glad that the Forum survived. We had a good community and a good spirit and it was worth saving.
We have simplified our rules this time. We just ask people to "play nice" and of course NO SPAM.
I think we are the same caring group of people with the same spirit. Now we just need to find the rest of the Animal Lovers family.

Your return gives me a lot of hope.Heart

RE: Finally! - Knight of Albion - 03-01-2014

A very warm welcome to the new site, dear Platy.

RE: Finally! - Tobi - 03-01-2014

Dear platy! It's so nice to see you back again. I am glad you managed to find your way back to us! A very warm welcome!

RE: Finally! - platy - 03-01-2014

Thanks, good to see you both again Smile