Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meet Cinnamon and Caramel
Life is too quiet without Flora. We needed a girl guinea pig or two around the house.
So I went to the shelter and brought home a couple of girls.

Here they are in the carrier.
[Image: IMG_1303.JPG]
This is Caramel
[Image: IMG_1304.JPG]
This is Cinnamon
[Image: IMG_1305.JPG]
A little shy at first.
[Image: IMG_1306.JPG]
So cute
[Image: IMG_1307.JPG]
Brave enough to explore.
[Image: IMG_1310.JPG]
Maybe Caramel is the bold one.
[Image: IMG_1311.JPG]
They discovered food. They are ignoring the strawberries and eating the carrots.
[Image: IMG_1312.JPG]
They are a sweet pair and I think they are sisters.
[Image: IMG_1313.JPG]
Doesn't she just melt your heart.Heart
[Image: IMG_1314.JPG]
After all that they are tired out and taking a nap.
[Image: IMG_1315.JPG]

They are two and a half and their people had to move, so they ended up in the shelter.

I am hoping lonely Murray bonds with them.
[Image: IMG_1316.JPG]
I can't leave out Robbie, Rosebert and Norbert.
[Image: IMG_1317.JPG]

I think my piggie family was ready to expand and I think these two girls are a perfect addition.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I didn't think it would be long before some worthy piggies found their way to you!! These two girlies are really lovely. I do hope Murray thinks so too. Do you think there will be babies? If they haven't already given birth, at their age, they may have difficulties as their pelvic bones will not be as manoeuvrable as when they were younger. Still, there were no babies with Flora so perhaps Murray isn't as keen.
I'm so pleased they found their way to you.
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/
Murray never showed interest in Flora so I think he might be neutered. Robbie is the same. That might be why my boys all stayed together so well.
Just having girls around seems to have perked up appetites. I think I even noticed some grooming behavior. Murray was always a very clean piggie. He found the boys to messy to stay with. That is why he liked Flora. Just having the girls near by seems to be helping cheer him up.
I hear the other boys talking to the girls as well. I think of all my guinea pigs as one herd and the herd dynamics has changed. This is good. Rosebert and Norbert are six years old. They are in good health, but this should help to keep them alert.

Last night the girls were shy. Today they had a sense of entitlement about their fruit snack. They were the first to ask for it. Later when I gave them dinner they were right there eating. Last night they only ate when I left the room.

It doesn't take guinea pigs long to figure out the food system. They already know which dishes are the guinea pig dishes. These two may be very cute, but the are also very smart.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine