Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Animal Lovers Web Forum is three years old.
It was today, three years ago around 4am after more than a week of intense work(with the help of Bock our tech whiz) the Forum was finally ready for posting. I did a quick welcome back Animal Lovers post and went to bed. The rest is history. There are over two thousand threads and over 15 thousand posts. We have discussed happy things and sad things. We have discussed serious issues and silly ones. We have grown and changed and found our own identity (different from the old forum). I am grateful to all of you, new members and old who have contributed so much.  Thank-you and welcome to those of you who read the forum, but don't register. We know you are there and we are glad to have you with us.

As I mentioned in a previous thread, I have renewed the site and the hosting for the next three years. So let us look forward to the next three years in the life of ALWF. Who knows how it will grow and change. This Forum is my baby and you all know how much I love it. Thank-you all for being a part of ALWF. Big hugs to you all. You mean a lot to me. Heart
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Gosh, three years already! Yes, the forum has changed and evolved - and for the better. Renewing the website for a longer period was a good idea, as Google prefers "trusted" sites. It takes into account how long a site has been running, but also how long the domain has been registered for in the future. One-off, one-year sites are not so "trusted".

This website would not be here if it weren't for you, Catherine (with the help of dear Bock of Ziggy Webs - see http://www.zyggywebs.com )

We the members and fellow admins owe you a great debt for your dedication. Now, let's celebrate three years!!!
[Image: fireworks-animation-33.gif]
LPC, I knew I could count on you for fireworks.

Thank-you for your kinds words. I think it is all of us who have helped ALWF grow and change and develop. It is hard to believe that  it has been 3 years. I started off by setting up the hosting for three years. That seems a reasonable amount of time. It made sense to do it that way again. Now that you explain it to me, I can see why it was a good choice. It is also on automatic renewal. If I don't manually do it Go Daddy will renew on the due date. They started reminding me back in August, just in case I might forget. Smiley4  I have the renewal date posted on the wall above my computer.  I don't take chances with important things.

We should be considered an even more trusted site if we have been running 3 years and are renewed for three more years.
We also have material posted every day. I read everything that is posted and reply. I try to start new threads every day or at least most days. There are always some people reading the forum. I have never logged in and found the site inactive.

I hope we can do as well and better in the next tree years. I couldn't have done it without all of you.
So thank-you all my ALWF family. Heart
Catherine

Thumbs Up 
Heart Thank you so much Catherine for all your hard work and advocacy for animals.  If the animals could thank you they would with their "woof woofs" and "meows" and "moos"!  Your dedication means a lot in this world that will hopefully one day come to its senses and start seeing all animals as beings that deserve rights like we all do. :birthday-banner-with-dogs

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
Thank-you Ruth for your kind words. Thank-you for being a part of our group. It is all of us together that make the Forum work.
Every time I check in one of you has had something to say. 

When we talk about issues and share personal things we know that as animal lovers we are not alone. There are many of us who care. It is all of us in all the different sites and organizations that are changing the world. We may be a small part, but every voice is needed.
We care about animals and we want a better world. We are a part of the change that is creating a better world.
I really love looking after the Forum. It was the best day ever when I made the first post. 87 67 35 64 19 43 Thumbsupsmileyanim
Catherine

[Image: Happy3rdBirthdayteddybear.gif]

Happy third birthday! It has been a pleasure and an honor to be part of this family. This is one of the most compassionate, sweet, and welcoming communities on the web. It is not always easy to find people whose hearts are dedicated to the love and care of animals (and all living beings) the way people are on this site.

Three years have gone by so fast, and I'm sure that three more will pass just as quickly. Time flies when you're having fun!!
Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time. --Steven Wright / http://www.zyggywebs.com / tech support & web design, I'm always happy to be of assistance!
Thank-you. ALWF owes a lot to your help. It may be my baby, but you were the midwife. Remember how it felt when you talked me through things and we finally had the forum ready for posting. That was an incredible moment for me and you were there with me.

I can't believe three years have gone by. Then I look at the Forum stats and it has to have been 3 years.  Two thousand threads and 15 thousand posts. That is a lot of typing.

I have always wanted us to be a caring community. We can disagree and deal with difficult subjects, but I always make sure we "play nice" with each other. I am looking forward to the next three years.  I at least have a better knowledge of computers now.

Big hugs to Bock my wonderful tech support person and big hugs to all of you for being part of the ALWF family. Heart
Catherine

Well done Catherine doesn't matter about our difference one thing we all have in common is our love of animals,well done to Bock for her tech support.
Thank-you. We are a place where all animal lovers can meet and talk about things.  It has been an exciting three years.
I am sure the next three years will just fly by  and be as interesting.
Smiley43 Smiley48 Smiley32 48 91 Sadsmiley 64 19 98 Angry Huh Smiley19 Smiley4 Smiley62 Smiley1 Smiley36 Smiley26 89 71 Biggrinsmiley
Catherine

Oh my goodness, how time does fly!
Congratulations my dear sweet Catherine.
I get a little sentimental looking back. I remember you and Bock working into the wee hours of the morning to get the forum up.
The joy you both felt when it all came to fruition.
That first post, the first new member, the first spammer (lol), and seeing the former members finding their way home one by one.
You've come a long way baby!!
I am so proud of you and the work you have done here. Forums come and go but I know yours is in it for the long run.
The group you have gathered are a remarkable bunch. I know you care about each and every one of them as if they were a member of your own family, and in reality they truly are!!
You are devoted, compassionate, considerate and you love this site will all your heart. Just as you do all the little (and not so little) critters in your life, past and present.
I wish you all the best in the years to come. You are an amazing woman and it is reflected in ALWF!!

HAPPY 3rd BIRTHDAY!!!!

[Image: 583d13233ddcd.gif]

[Image: m0223.gif] Come join the fun! [Image: m0218.gif]
mypetsonparade.com