Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dog takes car for a spin!
Police in Florida were called about a car driving in circles, in reverse. When they got there they discovered that a dog was behind the wheel. It seems the owner got out and left the care running with the dog in it. The dog managed to lock the door and put the car in gear. Fortunately no one was hurt and the car was only slightly damaged.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6205668/flori...iving-car/

It is pretty funny and we all can laugh at a dog taking a car for a spin.
However, it could have ended badly. Leaving a dog in a car is not good. Leaving a dog in a car with the motor running is just asking for trouble. They were lucky. I hope no one else makes the same mistake.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Ooops!! Yes that is very funny, but also quite scary when we imagine what could have happened. The dog is lucky to be safe, and other drivers are lucky to be safe too.

I will tell a quick story of something unbelievably stupid I once did.
We used to have a small village shop/post office about 3 miles away. I went there regularly to post things (this was 2011) It's a small rural lane but traffic does use it.
I always took Misty with me unless it was a very hot day, and lock the car, then nip in, post my item, and then  Misty and I would park elsewhere and go for an hour's walk in fields by the river.

One day I did that, and when I came out 5 minutes later the car was gone.

It was the most terrible feeling. Sure the car had been stolen with my dog in it, I felt quite desperate. I couldn't think how it HAD  been stolen without setting off the alarm though. And things like that never happen there.

Then I looked down the road and saw my car gently nestling against a grassy bank. It looked "badly parked". Cars were carefully driving round it.
I ran quickly and unlocked it and Misty was happily resting in the front seat. She looked up at me, wagged and yawned. Goodness knows what she thought about the car rolling away on its own.

I then checked the hand brake and realised I hadn't put it on ! I had never ever done that before !

I learned a lesson that day! We were lucky.
That is funny once you get over the panic of your car being gone.  Like the dog going in circles, it could have ended badly, but luckily it didn't.  I thought maybe Misty had taken the car for a drive. She was clever and must have watched you drive. You never really know what your dog knows.

It is better to be safe and not leave a dog in a car. You never know what they are going to do.
It is lucky Misty and the car rolled into a grassy bank. It is really lucky the dog put the car in reverse. It probably did less damage that way.
Catherine

oh gosh I head about that! Good thing the dog and everyone else was ok and didn't get hurt. Funny and scary at the same time.
I suppose they could have let the car run out of gas or something. You just can't leave a dog in a car. They can get into too much trouble. It looks so funny with the car running in backwards circles.
Catherine

(11-23-2019, 03:55 PM)Catherine Wrote: Police in Florida were called about a car driving in circles, in reverse. When they got there they discovered that a dog was behind the wheel. It seems the owner got out and left the care running with the dog in it. The dog managed to lock the door and put the car in gear. Fortunately no one was hurt and the car was only slightly damaged.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6205668/flori...iving-car/

It is pretty funny and we all can laugh at a dog taking a car for a spin.
However, it could have ended badly. Leaving a dog in a car is not good. Leaving a dog in a car with the motor running is just asking for trouble. They were lucky. I hope no one else makes the same mistake.
usa today protonmail

So funny  haha Smiley4
I would have been laughing too hard to do anything. Smiley4
Catherine