Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stray dog found cuddling orphaned kittens.
On a cold night in Canada, a passerby found a stray dog out in the snow. The dog was cuddling a litter of kittens and keeping them warm. Without the dog the kittens would have died of the cold very quickly.  They were all taken to a nearby animal shelter where the dog continues to watch over her feline babies.

https://people.com/pets/stray-dog-found-...s-in-snow/

You just know there is a story here. We may never find it out, but I bet it is interesting. How did the kittens end up out there? 
Where did the dog come from? Is she "related" to the kittens. Did she find them by chance and keep them warm or were they abandoned by the same owner. Whatever happened, Serenity is a wonderful dog. I am sure she could have found better shelter, but not without leaving the babies behind. I am glad she was found so quickly.

So far no one has come forward to claim the dog or kittens.  A sweet dog like that deserves a really wonderful home. I am sure there is a family out there that will make her very happy. The kittens are so cute I am sure they will find good homes.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

What a lovely story. If they could be re-homed together that would be wonderful. Serenity is a kind dog, bless her.     Heart

She has a loving face. Very kind eyes.
I would love to see her keep at least one or two kittens. I am not sure anyone can take in a do and 6 kittens.
Serenity really is a special dog. I am glad they shared the story so we could all know about it.
Catherine

oh such a sweet baby!! I love these stories!!
The dog was such a natural mother when she kept the kittens alive, even though they clearly are not hers.
We don't hear enough stories like this. I am sure there are many more. I wish people would post more stories like this on the internet.
We hear all the bad news. We should also hear the good news.
Catherine

Animals are really kind hearted Smile
This is a beautiful story. There are many stories of animals performing acts of kindness.
Catherine