Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15 year old killed helping to evacuate Ukrainian Zoo animals
There are so many horror stories coming from the war in Ukraine.  This is a very sad one. A teenage boy, just fifteen years old, was working as a volunteer to help evacuate zoo animals. They were fired on and he was killed and two others were injured.

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-ato/347...lling.html

These are brave people who are trying to save animals from a conflict that has nothing to do with them. Sadly the invading Russian forces have been firing on zoos and animal shelters. Those that are helping animals are at great risk. They are all heroes. Sadly some, like this teenage boy, have paid with their lives.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

There is so much bravery among the people of Ukraine right now. Bless this young man, who did his very best to the end of his life, putting himself in great danger to help the animals. He could have run away to a bunker, but he didn't.

And yesterday I heard a story about a 15 year old girl who could barely drive at all (her mother taught her the basics when she was 7), but managed to get a car full of people to safety, even driving through a minefield. She was shot too, but not too badly, and has survived and is being treated for her wounds.
I heard about that girl. She was amazing. I hope she is not too badly hurt.
We need to think about people like her when we want to complain about some little inconvenience.

Ordinary people are proving to be heroes every day in Ukraine.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine