Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Barrie is just visiting.....or is he?
Quote:3 feet (nearly one metre)? Gosh, that is big - bigger than he seems to be in the photos.
The tank he is in is pretty big and remember a lot of the length is in his tail which is out of sight. 

I know I can help him right now. I soak him in warm water and then help him to get rid of shed skin. His eyes keep gumming up and I can clean them and medicate them. He was worse when he first was brought in, but should do better with home care/fostering rather than in the bigger setting of the reptile centre. We do rescues, but we are also a store and it does have to function as a store if we are going to pay the rent.

If he is too strong for me then I won't be able to keep him, but he has been okay so far. He is big enough that I could put a harness on him and walk him. He really is an impressive lizard. Sally, the Argentinian Tegu back at the centre is way bigger. When she is balancing on my shoulder her tail comes down to my knees. I have trouble lifting her, but she is sweet. Barrie isn't that heavy. His body is slender. Of course I plan to fatten him up and make him look robust again.

This is a care sheet, but you can see better what Barrie is like. I think they are a beautiful lizard.
http://www.florafauna.com/caresheet-cate...ciety.html

At past twelve Barrie is already as big as he is going to get and he has lived more than half his life.  Think of him as retiring with me. I get his golden years.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: Barrie is just visiting.....or is he? - by Catherine - 04-05-2016, 05:16 AM