Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anger over stray dog in ambulance
There are a number of issues here. I would have taken the dog into the ambulance whether I was the driver, attendant or patient. The dog was in distress.

I think the dog was in danger and he could have caused a car accident if he had been left on the road. Reporting his location might not have helped. The dog would have kept moving.

The patient was asked and said yes.

She was ill and in pain, but it was not a life threatening condition. Her situation was not made worse by a short delay.

The patient was vomiting therefore it was not a sterile situation.

The patient did not have any open wounds that could infect. Her problem was her gall bladder.

It was a highly irregular situation, but I think it has happened before or things similar to it. So they had a dog in the ambulance. Ambulances have a lot of strange things in them. You don't want to know who rode in the ambulance before you. There is more danger in that.

I am glad the dog is okay and I am glad the old lady is okay.  I think her family needs to calm down and put things in perspective. Everything worked out so there really wasn't a problem.

They might have been frightened when she talked about he dog because they thought she was going senile. She was right there is a dog.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Anger over stray dog in ambulance - by Tobi - 01-20-2017, 03:29 AM
RE: Anger over stray dog in ambulance - by LPC - 01-20-2017, 05:39 AM
RE: Anger over stray dog in ambulance - by Tobi - 01-20-2017, 06:10 AM
RE: Anger over stray dog in ambulance - by Catherine - 01-20-2017, 03:57 PM
RE: Anger over stray dog in ambulance - by Tobi - 01-21-2017, 05:47 AM
RE: Anger over stray dog in ambulance - by Tobi - 01-22-2017, 09:25 AM