Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Awful cruelty in Coconut Oil production
I don't use a lot of coconut products, but the brand of coconut milk I have is from Malaysia. I don't know yet about the body wash, lotions and hair oil. They have coconut, but I will have to check out their source.
I use products from a company that tries to ethically source their materials so their coconut products may be okay.

Quote:The problem is many vegan products are made with coconuts/coconut oil. Vegan butters, cream, and it is added to many products. And yes there is a bit of a 'craze' about it going on. I'm sure it is very good, but as a general all-purpose oil, I could never get into it either as it tastes like shower gel to me; slightly 'perfumed', though I really like fresh coconut and the water from inside.
I don't like the taste of it either. This is going to be a problem since so many vegan products use the coconut oil and milk.

I know it is a matter of profits just like it is with factory farming. They want to make as much money as possible. Has no one ever had the thought to do things in a kinder, more ethical way. They would earn little less, but they could be proud of what they do.
I think when we do things in a kinder more ethical way it has a good effect on us as persons. Abusing and enslaving monkeys for a living doesn't strike me as a path to personal growth.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Awful cruelty in Coconut Oil production - by Tobi - 04-11-2017, 08:45 AM
RE: Awful cruelty in Coconut Oil production - by Catherine - 04-12-2017, 03:41 PM