Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Horses shipped for slaughter are mistreated
Canada is not doing well when it comes to the treatment of animals. Animals can be shipped for slaughter in other countries and no one thinks anything about it. We wouldn't kill the horses and eat them here. Most people don't eat horse meat here. For the sake of profit we are willing to sell horses for someone else to kill them and eat them.

It is cruel. Horses are such sensitive creatures. The whole trip would be stressful and frightening.
I am glad there are groups monitoring this. I would like to see our whole system changed so that animals are protected. Right now we are making little changes in response to big problems.

I wonder if anyone is checking to see how the horses are treated when they arrive in Japan. What kind of slaughter methods do they use. We have seen how they kill dolphins. I am sure they horses are not well treated when they arrive.

Why do we feel we are no longer responsible if we send an animal off for someone else to do the killing.
A lot of countries with good animal welfare laws are struggling with the issue of the live shipment of animals.

If we send an animal to a certain death under cruel circumstances we can't say we haven't condoned the animals fate. We chose to send it knowing what would happen.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: Horses shipped for slaughter are mistreated - by Catherine - 06-23-2017, 02:17 PM