Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beagle Freedom Project rescues dogs from Texas labs
I don't know if it happens in all states, but in some places city run shelters are considered "pounds" and they can legally take in strays. They can also be forced or obliged to give up strays to labs. In some places that is the law, but it doesn't actually happen.
Private shelters, who raise their own funds, can't be forced to do this. I assume an SPCA shelter could not be forced to do this.

I think it is still a clause in the rules for animal services here in Toronto, but no animal has been surrendered to a lab in a very, very  long time. They are working at changing the bylaws, but these things take time.

I would hope the shelters that used to surrender animals to a lab would find a way to block this from happening.
If they don't then why do they  bother to interview people before they get an animal. It seems a bit hypocritical.

The Beagle Freedom Project is a wonderful thing. They rescue the animals, but they also raise awareness of animals that are being used in labs. Having pets in the community who used to be lab specimens should really raise awareness of the plight of lab animals.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: Beagle Freedom Project rescues dogs from Texas labs - by Catherine - 07-02-2017, 06:14 PM