Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pet Carbon Footprints
I definitely think those dog poop bags should be biodegradable. People think they are cleaning up after their dog...and then dump the bag in a hedge on their way home! The bag stays knotted and intact for a VERY long time. I know because I monitored one years ago, and it is still there intact. Now if that dog had done his business on the earth, that waste would have been gone in a week; absorbed into the soil.
I think those bags are a bane...but as LPC said, I live in a rural place where a bit of poop is nothing.
Insects use it too, which helps to break it down. Many a beautiful butterfly I have seen feeding on dog waste!

In a city or built up area of course they have to be used. Technically they should be incinerated, and probably are if they are put into dog waste bins. But some people are irresponsible with what they have collected.

But I always prefer burying dog waste if it's done outside in a place where people walk and you don't want someone to step in it. I used to gather up bits of torn grass, handfuls of earth (mole hills are useful for this!) or leaf mould.

Messages In This Thread
Pet Carbon Footprints - by Catherine - 09-07-2017, 02:43 PM
RE: Pet Carbon Footprints - by LPC - 09-07-2017, 06:09 PM
RE: Pet Carbon Footprints - by Tobi - 09-08-2017, 05:20 AM
RE: Pet Carbon Footprints - by Catherine - 09-08-2017, 02:23 PM