Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Neuralink killed 1500 animals in its testing phase
Quote:This latest case, however, goes much further than the standard vivisection argument. A whole raft of issues are involved. I also have dark suspicions about the concept of implanting microchips into the brain. Who can guarantee that a rogue person or organisation, even a rogue country, might not use such microchips to control human behaviour?
These are very valid objections to the whole implanted chip technology. There are so many ways it could be used badly.
It has the potential to help people who are paralyzed or suffering with things like ALS. I think there are possibilities for restoring sight and hearing.
You are right though, someone will want to use it to control people.

Humans have the capacity to do things, but we lack the maturity and ethical standards to do the right things.
The fact that the research was rushed, at such a cost to animal life, makes its motivations suspect.
It is not being done to help people. I presume profit is the motivation.

When will we admit that animal testing is not giving us valid information. We have done ourselves harm by relying on animal tests. Thalidomide is one of many mistakes we have made. We already know it doesn't work. We just won't admit it. Does that make us stupid or crazy. We are certainly stubborn.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: Neuralink killed 1500 animals in its testing phase - by Catherine - 12-08-2022, 04:40 PM