Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally time to say hi. :-)
I hope you get on all the right casting lists. I imagine the more you work and get known, the better it is.

My piggies have custom built enclosures and they are free to roam any time they want. Guinea pigs are conservative and most will not leave their enclosure. Robbie wandered for awhile until he joined the group of boys. Now he stays put. Murray has wandered back and forth, but he will only walk between the two enclosures and that is it.
So much for needing time outside of the enclosure.

At one point I had eleven guinea pigs. I don't know how I managed.

Long story: The pet store called and asked me to look at baby Pigbert.
He was neurologically challenged(he lived five good years with me). Frodo was from the shelter. He was there a year, no one wanted him.(he lived several years with me)

Miss Charlie was found in a shipment of feeder rats at the reptile store.(the guy gave her to me)
Rosie and Lily were old and were dumped at the shelter just before Christmas and no animal should be alone in a shelter for Christmas.(they lived a little while)

Lambert(the white one who just died) was from the pet store. His eye was damaged and he couldn't be sold.

Lambert fathered Rosebert with Miss Charlie. Pigbert fathered Norbert with Miss Charlie.(they are the piggies in the pictures)

Robbie and Murray were brought in to the reptile store. The woman wanted to see them fed to a big snake. My friend took them in, made excuses about it not being feeding day and gave them to me. (I would love to meet the woman, I have things I want to say to her)

Robbie is such a character and Murray is a real sweetie.

Flora was found wandering in a city park a year ago. She was dropped off at the reptile store and the guy gave her to me.

You may notice a pattern here. Pet stores call me when an animal is dropped off or is damaged. I watch the shelters for the old or not so attractive piggies.

I did let Miss Charlie have a litter. She was young enough. I meant Lambert to be the father. Having a baby from Pigbert was a special bonus. Pigbert was a special little man. He never complained about his problems and the other piggies were careful around him. He couldn't walk. He dragged himself around, but he was always so happy about everything. I miss him, but the piggies I have now are special.

I don't plan my piggies. They just seem to come to me.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Finally time to say hi. :-) - by Janay - 09-25-2014, 10:01 AM
RE: Finally time to say hi. :-) - by Tobi - 09-25-2014, 10:24 AM
RE: Finally time to say hi. :-) - by Catherine - 09-25-2014, 12:27 PM
RE: Finally time to say hi. :-) - by Catherine - 09-25-2014, 09:59 PM
RE: Finally time to say hi. :-) - by LPC - 09-27-2014, 02:15 AM
RE: Finally time to say hi. :-) - by Janay - 09-27-2014, 09:39 AM
RE: Finally time to say hi. :-) - by Tobi - 09-27-2014, 09:51 AM
RE: Finally time to say hi. :-) - by Janay - 09-27-2014, 10:15 AM
RE: Finally time to say hi. :-) - by Catherine - 09-27-2014, 02:00 PM