Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This years last baby snakes
Quote:Beautiful snakes. I do like to see them and hear about them, but am happy to do so at a distance!!
If you could touch their soft skin you would be beautifully surprized. These are gentle corn snakes and they did the street festival for two days and loved it.

Quote:Aren't they nice? I like snakes so long as I know they are not venomous! Well -to be fair I like the venomous ones....about 30ft away! LOL!
But snakes I have met have had a very peaceful atmosphere about them.
Gender-neutral names might be a good idea Catherine! haha (It must be hard to tell what sex a snake is....I can't imagine how it's done....)

I do like to see venomous snakes from a distance. We have so few in Canada that I never need to think about it. I only have domesticated snakes(as you can tell from the colours).

It is very hard to tell gender. The females have shorter tails. So if I have a whole clutch to choose from, I choose the one with the shortest tail and it should be a female. Both boys were adults and so it was not easy to tell.

I use the Sam method. Sam is my best breeding male. He may be small, but he knows what is what. No one has fathered as many babies as Sam. I put Sam in a container with the snake of unknown gender and Sam knows right away. Snakes don't fight aggressively so no one gets hurt. If Sam is interested, it's a girl. If Sam tries to push the other one down, its a boy.
When I wanted a snow corn female, I took Sam to the store to meet her and yes she was a girl all right. Sam very much approved. They are very happy together, along with Sam's other ladies. He lives with three girls. I told you he was my best male.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
This years last baby snakes - by Catherine - 10-11-2014, 02:45 PM
RE: This years last baby snakes - by Cibach - 10-11-2014, 08:05 PM
RE: This years last baby snakes - by Tobi - 10-12-2014, 02:36 AM
RE: This years last baby snakes - by Catherine - 10-12-2014, 03:44 AM
RE: This years last baby snakes - by Tobi - 10-12-2014, 10:29 AM
RE: This years last baby snakes - by Catherine - 10-12-2014, 04:41 PM
RE: This years last baby snakes - by Tobi - 10-15-2014, 09:12 AM
RE: This years last baby snakes - by Catherine - 10-15-2014, 03:01 PM