Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meet Henry the Bearded Dragon
Henry has the right attitude. He seems to have no feeling or movement in his body from the waist down, so he just ignores it and carries on. He has strong arms and sits up proudly. He drags himself along as if that was normal for a beardie. He chases crickets and catches them, but in a fairly small space. He is a real love and responds to my voice. I think he will even learn his name.

I have a twenty gal tank for him and I can let him out to "run" around. I just need to set the tank up so that it is interesting and challenging, but safe. If he rolls over on his back, I don't think he can get back up again. I want to observe him longer before I do too much.

I am feeding him up so he can get healthier, but I do not know if he can regain any use of his back legs. They are warm so circulation is good. There must be pressure on the nerves. If he improves over all and his bones strengthen maybe things will improve. One way or the other he can have a good life and that is what matters. He has no pain and he is not distressed about the situation.

Fingers crossed that Henry can improve a little with TLC.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Meet Henry the Bearded Dragon - by Catherine - 12-29-2014, 06:40 PM
RE: Meet Henry the Bearded Dragon - by Cibach - 12-29-2014, 08:01 PM
RE: Meet Henry the Bearded Dragon - by Tobi - 12-30-2014, 03:39 AM
RE: Meet Henry the Bearded Dragon - by Catherine - 12-30-2014, 04:29 AM
RE: Meet Henry the Bearded Dragon - by Tobi - 01-04-2015, 03:44 AM
RE: Meet Henry the Bearded Dragon - by Catherine - 01-04-2015, 06:30 AM
RE: Meet Henry the Bearded Dragon - by Tobi - 01-04-2015, 10:38 AM
RE: Meet Henry the Bearded Dragon - by Catherine - 01-04-2015, 07:42 PM