Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Animals with prosthetics
If I look back to the 1950s, I can see there has been a huge shift generally, in peoples' attitudes towards their 'pets'. Obviously there are exceptions -I'm not talking about those. But generally people are feeding their pets better (I remember when they were given scraps -and I mean scraps -from the table, like gristle and fat trimmings. And cats were often kept as 'mousers' and sometimes not given food at all so they would do a better job!
And people are seeing their animals as worthy of good care, treating them more as a family member. Of course there are often financial restrictions involved in vet care. Not everyone can afford expensive bone implants for example. But we are seeing more and more about what is possible to extend life and quality of life, and many people and vets are not having their animal put to sleep, but exploring options, so long as the animal is comfortable.
In the 1950s the average dog lived to be about 8 or so. Now many are living to 14, 15 and even older.

I think all this is really positive and shows how we have progressed. We easily notice the bad things that happen regarding animals, but there is a trend for better things -I think so anyway.

Messages In This Thread
Animals with prosthetics - by Catherine - 01-10-2015, 05:09 PM
RE: Animals with prosthetics - by Tobi - 01-10-2015, 08:32 PM
RE: Animals with prosthetics - by Catherine - 01-11-2015, 05:16 AM
RE: Animals with prosthetics - by Tobi - 01-11-2015, 08:51 AM
RE: Animals with prosthetics - by Catherine - 01-11-2015, 05:18 PM
RE: Animals with prosthetics - by Tobi - 01-12-2015, 03:10 AM
RE: Animals with prosthetics - by Catherine - 01-12-2015, 06:09 PM