Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Vegan Option
Yes I know platy....seafood is definitely not vegetarian! I didn't eat meat and very few dairy products since about 1980 but have to admit I did occasionally lapse and eat canned salmon and other fish before going vegan. That was 3 years ago. I was worried I needed the omega 3 sometimes, and couldn't get enough from plant based sources per day. I ate flax seeds but if I ate anywhere close to the recommended dose I would sometimes feel queasy!
But now I have found a vegan alternative Omega 3 supplement!

It does sound good Catherine, that where you live there are so many vegan options. In my area (rural Britain) veganism is considered fairly "weird" among the local people. But there is a large 'new age' community in the town near here so some restaurants cater well for vegans. Unfortunately no-one I happen to know IS vegan. It can sometimes be awkward, explaining to them that I don't eat animal products. They think I'm nuts.

Someone I know, who can just about get his head around me being 'vegetarian' but has no idea what 'vegan' is.... the other day said he was making a stew with bacon and peas, carrots etc, and would I come for dinner? That I would like his recipe. It is quite odd that he just forgot I said I didn't eat meat, or couldn't be bothered to remember.....
I once used to like bacon. I would not have said no in the old days. But how could I eat a pig now?

I'm not one for eating out -if left to my own devices. But social obligations sometimes mean I have to. Luckily the local fish and chip shop has bean-burgers on the menu! And of course there's nothing wrong with chips! ( chips...yummy!)

Messages In This Thread
The Vegan Option - by Catherine - 02-05-2015, 04:27 PM
RE: The Vegan Option - by LPC - 02-06-2015, 12:45 AM
RE: The Vegan Option - by Tobi - 02-06-2015, 10:50 AM
RE: The Vegan Option - by Catherine - 02-06-2015, 12:11 PM