Poll: Would you support a law standardizing fixing dogs and cats for non-licensed breeders?
This poll is closed.
strongly agree
33.33%
1 33.33%
somewhat agree
66.67%
2 66.67%
somewhat disagree
0%
0 0%
strongly disagree
0%
0 0%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A standard for our pets' reproduction ability
I think the big cats and other animals like them should be regulated by completely different laws. If you regulate lions and tigers in a law about pets you imply that lions and tigers could be considered pets.

I have been thinking about how people would react to such a law. Some people will comply and that is good. Some will deliberately breed their pets in defiance of the law. Some will come up with some reason why it is dangerous to sterilize their pet. (Think about the issue of vaccinating children. It has been impossible to force people to do it and some have supposed scientific reasons why they shouldn't do it. Meanwhile diseases that have been "conquered" keep causing epidemics)

My biggest worry is the people who will not want to be bothered with regulations so they will just dump the animal somewhere. The law would have to be brought in very carefully or it could cause a massive wave of animal abandonment.

What do the rest of you think?
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
A standard for our pets' reproduction ability - by Abby's Law - 07-24-2015, 08:18 AM
RE: A standard for our pets' reproduction ability - by Abby's Law - 07-29-2015, 02:56 AM
RE: A standard for our pets' reproduction ability - by Catherine - 07-29-2015, 01:50 PM