Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Police treat a dog in a hot car as an emergency
I honestly don't know if it is the same approach in the UK. A number of times I have found a dog in a car in a store car park on a hot day, taken the registration, gone to the Customer Service desk and they have put a message out on the tannoy. The car owner has shown up wondering what the heck I'm fussing about. They were "only in there for 5 minutes!"
Definitely a way to annoy people, but help dogs.

The weather is very changeable in the UK. One minute it can be a sunny day, the next minute cool and raining. And vice-versa. So I am concerned that UK citizens might not take enough care. But the RSPCA do often put notices up in car parking areas. I also patrol (hate doing that, as I know I look suspicious) But it would be worth it to help a dog. I pretend I am waiting for someone.....
Once a man came up to me and asked me if I had forgotten where I had parked my car! I didn't say much -just that I was waiting and got bored so went for a walk round....yada yada.....

I have never yet dialed 999 about a dog. I hope I never have to put that to the test.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Police treat a dog in a hot car as an emergency - by Tobi - 08-25-2015, 02:37 AM