Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diary of a Gadhimai protester
(12-06-2014, 01:57 PM)Catherine Wrote: This is worth reading. It gives a feel for what it was like to be there.

http://www.theguardian.com/global-develo...-slaughter

Even though I know it's late, I was about to post this on here. Thank you for doing this Catherine. It's lovely that everyone here has been continuing to post updates about the Gadhimai situation while I haven't been here.
Even though I haven't been online much recently and I stopped coming to the forum for a while, I was receiving email updates from HSI throughout the whole Gadhimai Slaughter festival, and I've been watching the situation.

The protest in London on Oct 11th Nov went very well. Comedy Actress/animal rights advocate Joanna Lumely attended, which was a lovely unexpected suprise.
http://www.ciwf.org.uk/news/2014/10/joan...sacrifice/

(12-06-2014, 01:57 PM)LPC Wrote: The volunteers are wonderful people, who deserve "favours", if anyone does!

I agree 100%. The people kind people who go out to witness this type of violence and cruelty are incredible. To do something like this, a person needs to have very strong will power indeed, and a strong heart and soul to be able to see it through to the end. Without people like these, the world would not see the suffering that these innocent animals are sentenced to.

Even though the disgusting slaughter took place again, I really do believe that this will be the last time this event ever happens. The worldwide awareness of the cruel event has been growing and growing, to a point of no return. The public awareness and outcry surrounding this issue is not something that the Nepalese Government will be able to recover from, and it is going to continue to grow long before the next "5 year wait" is up.

"And ye harm none, do what ye will" ~ Wiccan Rede

Messages In This Thread
Diary of a Gadhimai protester - by Catherine - 12-06-2014, 01:57 PM
RE: Diary of a Gadhimai protester - by Tobi - 12-07-2014, 10:39 AM
RE: Diary of a Gadhimai protester - by Catherine - 12-07-2014, 05:48 PM
RE: Diary of a Gadhimai protester - by LPC - 12-08-2014, 12:32 AM
RE: Diary of a Gadhimai protester - by Tobi - 12-08-2014, 03:35 AM
RE: Diary of a Gadhimai protester - by Catherine - 12-08-2014, 12:58 PM
RE: Diary of a Gadhimai protester - by Janay - 12-17-2014, 09:25 AM
RE: Diary of a Gadhimai protester - by Catherine - 12-17-2014, 05:32 PM