Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pet Sitter disappears & dog missing!
I feel very sorry for the caretakers of the dog. No doubt they genuinely thought that by using a professional pet-sitting company all would be well. They thought that this was a better choice than being in a kennel. However, sadly they made a mistake. As you say, Catherine, it is always best to use someone you know - a good friend or relative, for example, or someone who is well known in the local area for his/her love of animals. Choosing someone you have never met via an agency is just too risky - as happened in this unfortunate case. Even kennels can be checked out first by a visit, and although many pets do not like being there, at least the owners can be sure that their pets will be there on their return.

I find the words of the agency very questionable: "We do carry out checks on our pet-sitters so we are working on tracking the pet-sitter down." If they carried out checks on the pet-sitter, then why was the address false? Even a simple check of Google Maps would have shown the address as a supermarket! I think the claim of their having checked this pet-sitter is questionable, to say the least.

I hope that this petnapper is caught. They could equally post photos of the lady concerned, asking anyone knowing her to contact them. This may not be the first time she has done this.

I do so hope that the dog is found and returned to his rightful owners.

Messages In This Thread
Pet Sitter disappears & dog missing! - by Tobi - 01-16-2015, 10:35 AM
RE: Pet Sitter disappears & dog missing! - by LPC - 01-16-2015, 09:04 PM