The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Darling Josette has gone to the astral
Our beloved Josette, who was born on our property and bottle fed by us, has moved on to the astral today. She passed all her days with us, and gave us so much love and joy. She will always have a special place in our hearts.

She had suffered from a giant wart above her eye, which became a terrible necrosis (gangrene). Despite all our efforts, the black necrosis persisted. In the end, we had no choice but to call the vet today, who helped her leave her physical body. He was very experienced and sympathetic. The whole thing was over in about ten to fifteen seconds. Our beautiful Josette just fell asleep and flopped down. There was not even a wriggle.

I had been agonising over when would be right time, but it seems that it was about right. I kept on putting off the day, when I saw her eating, but in the end she looked tired and weak, ate very little and looked at me as if to say, "I don't want to go, I've been happy here, but I don't feel well any more. I'm ready to leave"

The vet agreed that the time had indeed come, with the necrosis quite widespread. I am just so relieved that darling Josette passed so quickly and peacefully, thanks to his skill.

I will attach some photos and videos when I have more time and am more composed. The best is a video of Josette as a baby lamb, playing football with Tamara inside our house!

Sweetest, dearest Josette, we will miss you! But you have already told me that you are happy where you are now, so I can take it (just about....). Enjoy it where you are now, in a big field with lush grass, birds singing and warm sunshine.

(BTW: Josette knows that she doesn't need to eat the grass there. She always was so intelligent! Blessings to you, my lovely, lovely girl! I may cry a little for a while, but don't let it upset you. I know you're OK and we will always love each other).

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
Darling Josette has gone to the astral - by LPC - 01-28-2015, 02:18 AM