The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Vegan Option
I live and work in the city so I have social functions that I have to attend from time to time. Years ago, everything served was geared for meat eaters. Then gradually the odd vegetarian option was added as an extra.
Then I noticed that the vegetarian option was expected and often given equal space. I just assumed that My New Years Eve food had to have vegetarian choices.

Last night at The Humane Society volunteer appreciation night, there was a whole section of vegan options. There were some good choices too.
Now that I think of it, I am often seeing vegan choices on menus. They are not placed on the back page as an after thought. If they do not have their own section then dishes through out the menu are labeled as vegan or not.
Candy stores have vegan candy choices. The cupcake shop has vegan cupcakes.

It is now possible to be a vegan and still be main stream in your life style. No one would have a problem with someone ordering the vegan choice. This is a noticeable shift in human behavior. Has anyone else noticed the change?

Yes I did have one dish on New Years Eve that was vegan. I would have made it anyhow because everyone likes it, but I was also thinking that I wanted to be prepared just in case.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
The Vegan Option - by Catherine - 02-05-2015, 04:27 PM
RE: The Vegan Option - by LPC - 02-06-2015, 12:45 AM
RE: The Vegan Option - by Tobi - 02-06-2015, 10:50 AM
RE: The Vegan Option - by Catherine - 02-06-2015, 12:11 PM