Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Vegan Option
Quote:Here in France we have wonderful restaurants, and in the countryside it is possible to have a complete meal (starter, main course, dessert, cheese plus wine and/or cider) - all for €12. Not in Paris, of course!
That sounds about right for a modest restaurant. Really fancy ones would run much higher.

I am noticing that my local take out pizza place has at least one vegan choice and a number of vegetarian ones.

When I go to events like community picnics and meetings, there are vegan choices. It is assumed that some people will want them.
Toronto is a really big city with an ethnically varied population. Some people are vegan as a choice, some are vegan for religious reasons. The same is true of vegetarians. It is very much a main stream option now. When you plan an event that serves food, you have to think over the menu to meet a variety of needs and choices. I am sure in some places vegans and vegetarians are still seen as odd, but not the places I have been lately. It is a real shift in thinking and lifestyle.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
The Vegan Option - by Catherine - 02-05-2015, 04:27 PM
RE: The Vegan Option - by LPC - 02-06-2015, 12:45 AM
RE: The Vegan Option - by Tobi - 02-06-2015, 10:50 AM
RE: The Vegan Option - by Catherine - 02-06-2015, 12:11 PM