The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fake Service Dogs
Fake service dogs are becoming a problem. It is easy to buy some kind of vest or cape that claims service dog status. People then demand that their dog be given the rights and privileges of a real service dog.
The trouble is, the fake service dogs are ill-behaved and cause problems, This gives real service dogs a bad name.

One Canadian Province is proposing to give real service dog owners special ID. This might be the answer. Real service dogs are trained and must pass before they can work as service dogs. We can't stop the sale of fake dog vests. So in future the vest will no longer be the proof that a dog is "working".
http://news.nationalpost.com/2015/03/23/...uide-dogs/
I have work ID so why shouldn't a trained dog.

Of course there is the issue of what kind of person pretends to have a service dog. I guess they are like the people who have fake Handicapped Parking Permits.
To quote one handicapped friend of mine. "You can have my parking spot if you are willing to take my disability"
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Fake Service Dogs - by Catherine - 03-25-2015, 12:40 PM
RE: Fake Service Dogs - by LPC - 03-25-2015, 06:30 PM
RE: Fake Service Dogs - by Tobi - 03-25-2015, 09:43 PM
RE: Fake Service Dogs - by Catherine - 03-26-2015, 01:40 PM
RE: Fake Service Dogs - by Tobi - 03-27-2015, 03:28 AM
RE: Fake Service Dogs - by Catherine - 03-27-2015, 12:18 PM