Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fake Service Dogs
Quote:Yes you are right. No-one needs to be putting genuine service dogs at risk. The more people pretend, the more prejudice will be against them. It's the old thing about not wanting to be scammed. If people can't tell the difference, all that the disabled people have fought for might be lost.

That sums it up perfectly. We need to be careful to protect the special status of service dogs. If we don't, we make it harder for all disabled people. Right now service dogs are welcome (or at least they cannot be refused admission) and we are working to make places accessible to all people. Counterfeit anything puts all we have gained at risk. I am not handicapped and I prefer the more accessible buses. They are easier for all of us to board.

Maybe we need stores and businesses to declare animal friendly status so we as animal lovers can choose those stores. Some places that have sidewalk tables let you tie your dog beside the table you are sitting at. The dog is with you, but it is not officially on restaurant property. It's an animal friendly solution.

Jonathan loved to lie on my shoulder, with her face in my neck. She could stay there for hours and we watched many movies together. I went for dinner at the neighbours with her like that and she spent the whole meal on my shoulder. People were so used to seeing her on me that everyone was fine with her there. I think we would have been fine at the movie theatre.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Fake Service Dogs - by Catherine - 03-25-2015, 12:40 PM
RE: Fake Service Dogs - by LPC - 03-25-2015, 06:30 PM
RE: Fake Service Dogs - by Tobi - 03-25-2015, 09:43 PM
RE: Fake Service Dogs - by Catherine - 03-26-2015, 01:40 PM
RE: Fake Service Dogs - by Tobi - 03-27-2015, 03:28 AM
RE: Fake Service Dogs - by Catherine - 03-27-2015, 12:18 PM