Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Earth Hour..March 28, 2015, 8:30pm-9:30pm
Those of you who live in the country use electricity sparingly. You just use what you need. You could teach the cities a thing or two.

When you have a big high rise, you would need to have heat and things like that. The roof lights and stairwell lights are a safety issue and so are the hallway lights on each floor. They don't have to be very bright lights, just enough to be safe. When not in use, the offices should be dark. Most of those lights are left on. This is where the big waste of power takes place.

Also, many places could use smaller more energy efficient light bulbs. I don't need a 100watt bulb in my bedside lamp. I have lights on my reptiles that serve as heat and light sources, so I don't need separate heating pads for them and I don't need separate lights for me. I positioned the tanks so I have light where I need it. I put the tanks on timers so they are efficient and come on and go off at the right times.

We use electricity. Our lives, our homes are set up for that, but we don't need to waste so much. If Earth Hour gets people to at least think about their power use then it has made a difference.

I miss seeing the stars.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: Earth Hour..March 28, 2015, 8:30pm-9:30pm - by Catherine - 03-30-2015, 02:17 AM