Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pet food mislabeling
There is something wrong with the minimum quantity of a particular meat being 4% -in order to use that as the name of the product on the label.

The only way to make sure a pet gets the meat you want it to, is to buy human quality meat. Even that is subscribing to an awful industry, but dogs and cats do need meat and/or fish in my opinion.

I hated having to give Misty commercially produced dog food when she showed early signs of kidney weakness. She began to get well again! But the ingredients on the tin were mysterious and sounded bad, to me. I would never ever have given her canned food if I hadn't had to under unusual circumstances.

I had always bought her human grade meat and fish. I used to go to a discount store near where I live, and found bulk packages at reduced cost. Then there would be a mammoth cooking and bagging-up session that night as I prepared single portions for the freezer. It worked out at almost exactly the same cost as commercial foods give or take a few pennies on each portion. And I knew what she was getting.

Most offal meats are just fine for animals by the way. And humans used to eat those things in the old days, but they have gone very much out of trend now. But for dogs and cats, lungs, liver, heart, kidneys etc are all very good for them.

But it is the undisclosed, mysterious "no identifiable DNA" meat that chills us. No-one fully knows what this means....

I would like to see totally transparent pet food labelling.

Messages In This Thread
Pet food mislabeling - by Catherine - 04-03-2015, 01:57 PM
RE: Pet food mislabeling - by Tobi - 04-04-2015, 08:25 AM
RE: Pet food mislabeling - by Catherine - 04-04-2015, 03:21 PM
RE: Pet food mislabeling - by Tobi - 04-06-2015, 03:01 AM
RE: Pet food mislabeling - by Catherine - 04-06-2015, 04:26 PM
RE: Pet food mislabeling - by Tobi - 04-07-2015, 11:32 AM
RE: Pet food mislabeling - by Catherine - 04-07-2015, 03:32 PM