Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Pet Health Concern
(04-08-2015, 10:25 AM)Tobi Wrote: Good natural herbal anti-fungals....
Marigold.
Echinacea Angustifolia.
Garlic.

No contra-indications particularly except don't take Echinacea/Garlic if on antibiotics or anti-fungal medication.

I don't think this mixture would necessarily be advised for dogs cats or other pets, or at least a holistic vet's advice might be helpful,; someone who knows about herbal treatments and animals.
But this would be good for humans.

Sometimes herbs work against strains which are resistant to conventional treatments.

Very interesting article. I had not heard of this either.
Some other good anti-fungal herbs are: Pau d'arco and tea tree oil.
A saw something very interesting on the news crawler the other day [of course to my knowledge there wasn't an actual story done on the subject], a 1,000 year old onion/garlic remedy has been found effective against the superbug MRSA virus.

Catherine: I don't see why you couldn't apply any of the mentioned herbs topically on your guinea pigs.
There seems to be a lot of contradiction on the world wide web regarding the safety of internal use of garlic with cats and dogs. All I can say is that I have used it in the past on my pets with no ill affects. However, I don't know how another animal would react.
The best anti-fungal I know of, is garlic. It is nothing short of miraculous. I have suggested it to 2 friends in the past year for ringworm. They were amazed at how quickly it worked.
One friend in particular had been being treated by her doctor for over a year for a fungal infection [not ringworm but in the same family] on her arm. She put a crushed garlic clove on the spot and by the next day the infection was killed. It does hurt like the devil when first applied, and will blister for a period of time. Amazingly though when completely healed, there is no scarring!!
[Image: m0223.gif] Come join the fun! [Image: m0218.gif]
mypetsonparade.com

Messages In This Thread
New Pet Health Concern - by Catherine - 04-07-2015, 03:17 PM
RE: New Pet Health Concern - by LPC - 04-08-2015, 04:20 AM
RE: New Pet Health Concern - by Tobi - 04-08-2015, 10:25 AM
RE: New Pet Health Concern - by AnimalFamily - 04-09-2015, 04:17 AM
RE: New Pet Health Concern - by Catherine - 04-08-2015, 01:10 PM
RE: New Pet Health Concern - by Tobi - 04-09-2015, 10:16 AM
RE: New Pet Health Concern - by Catherine - 04-09-2015, 03:35 PM
RE: New Pet Health Concern - by Tobi - 04-12-2015, 10:05 AM
RE: New Pet Health Concern - by Catherine - 04-12-2015, 05:27 PM