Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vegetarians banned in French schools
This is a very complicated issue and I still think 2011 is fairly new because it would take years to put a new set of rules in place.

It sounds like France has had a good school lunch program, but it varied from one school to the next. The idea of a "school restaurant" is amazing.

My school lunch program growing up in rural Manitoba: If you lived 1/2 a mile or more from the school you brought a sandwich and sat on the floor of a classroom to eat, there was water in the drinking fountain in the hallway.

The problem I am seeing is the desire to standardize the program across the country. It forces everybody to conform and it loses the local touch that made lunches special. Whenever you apply "one size fits all" often nothing fits.

I am sure giving more control on the local level would solve a lot of problems. Individual schools could find ways to accommodate vegetarians and people with religious or health restrictions.

The lunch program sounds like a good idea that is being applied heavy handedly without regard for people or their rights and needs.

It would be so easy to accommodate vegetarians.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Vegetarians banned in French schools - by Tobi - 04-22-2015, 06:39 AM
RE: Vegetarians banned in French schools - by LPC - 04-22-2015, 07:50 AM
RE: Vegetarians banned in French schools - by LPC - 04-22-2015, 06:03 PM
RE: Vegetarians banned in French schools - by LPC - 04-23-2015, 05:10 AM
RE: Vegetarians banned in French schools - by LPC - 04-23-2015, 05:57 PM
RE: Vegetarians banned in French schools - by LPC - 04-24-2015, 07:38 PM
RE: Vegetarians banned in French schools - by Catherine - 04-25-2015, 03:06 PM