Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EU embargo on China (animal welfare)
Quote:Quite often when people are on the cusp of change, there is something instinctive which scares them. They sense the change but have nothing new to grasp hold of. They often go backwards even more harshly to cling onto the things they knew before. Until something appears for them which they can accept, which will lead them into the new way. That is what I have noticed anyway. I sense that young man was on the cusp of change but was fighting it for his own reasons.
Maybe he will learn that fixing motor bikes or some other venture is more lucrative? One never knows....
And maybe one day when he is in some desperate fix, a dog will lie down next to him and keep his body warm, and lick his tears away....

That is a very good perspective on what is happening in the world. People are clinging to traditions in a desperate way because they are scared of change. You are right, the young man could think ahead and find another career, but instead he clings to his old ways. If nothing else, for health reasons he will not be permitted to continue his killing. His methods are not just cruel, they are also a health hazard.

It is a tribute to the goodness of dogs that even a dog he had planned to kill would help him and try to save his life.

I wonder what will happen next year. There has been so much publicity and people are starting to reject the slaughter festivals.
I think there is a global reaction against such festivals. Every time any protest or petition takes place it is part of a collective will to change and be a kinder more compassionate world. Maybe next year some festivals will not take place or they will be much reduced. I certainly hope so.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
EU embargo on China (animal welfare) - by Tobi - 07-05-2015, 04:15 AM
RE: EU embargo on China (animal welfare) - by LPC - 07-05-2015, 09:26 PM
RE: EU embargo on China (animal welfare) - by Catherine - 07-07-2015, 02:12 PM