Poll: Would you support a law standardizing fixing dogs and cats for non-licensed breeders?
This poll is closed.
strongly agree
33.33%
1 33.33%
somewhat agree
66.67%
2 66.67%
somewhat disagree
0%
0 0%
strongly disagree
0%
0 0%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A standard for our pets' reproduction ability
I am glad you replied to this. I can only really speak for the Canadian situation. When we push for access to cheaper spay/neuter clinics it really helps.
We still have a street cat problem, but we are doing a Trap/Neuter/release program to rid Toronto of street cats. It will take time, but I think the numbers are already down because over a thousand cats did not produce kittens on the street this year.

A pet sterilization law would not help with the street cat problem.

You make a good point about the breeders. There are good breeders, but there are also puppy mills. Do you have laws to deal with them?

I know what you mean about Payne. A puppy would have been nice to carry on the line. I have Mr. Pigbert's son, but I do not have a female to produce a next generation. He is nearly at the end of his life so I think it is too late.
I do have two children from Earl and that is a comfort.

Making laws has to be done very carefully. A law about pets and licencing could backfire and turn into an anti pet law if it was used by the wrong people.
It might be a good idea to research what laws already exist and see what can be done with them.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
A standard for our pets' reproduction ability - by Abby's Law - 07-24-2015, 08:18 AM
RE: A standard for our pets' reproduction ability - by Abby's Law - 07-29-2015, 02:56 AM
RE: A standard for our pets' reproduction ability - by Catherine - 08-10-2015, 02:59 PM