Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Laika Street Dogs emergency!
Remind me to PM you the story of the OSPCA and the THS.

The OSPCA gets government money and that seems to make them think that public opinion doesn't matter. Public opinion is not always a bad thing. With animal cases, sometimes it is the will of the people. We the people certainly didn't want a shelter full of animals killed because of ring worm. (I had a ring worm outbreak in my rescue guinea pigs and I cleared it up with an $8.00 tube of anti fungal cream)

No one wants the rescue street dogs to be treated like this and we really don't want them to be killed. I am hoping that the publicity of a news article protects the dogs. The OSPCA will hesitate to do something so irreversible as killing the dogs. Now that people know about it they will be accountable for what they do. Something needs to change in the OSPCA mandate to limit their power and their needs to be some form of oversight. I would like to see them "audited" for their handling of cases.
Right now publicity is our friend. If I come across more information I will post it.

It is a shame that a group dedicated to animal welfare is sometimes the enemy of the animals they are supposed to serve.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Laika Street Dogs emergency! - by Catherine - 09-19-2015, 12:20 PM
RE: Laika Street Dogs emergency! - by LPC - 09-19-2015, 06:02 PM
RE: Laika Street Dogs emergency! - by Catherine - 09-20-2015, 03:52 AM
RE: Laika Street Dogs emergency! - by Tobi - 09-23-2015, 05:55 AM
RE: Laika Street Dogs emergency! - by Catherine - 09-23-2015, 04:27 PM
RE: Laika Street Dogs emergency! - by Tobi - 09-25-2015, 05:44 AM
RE: Laika Street Dogs emergency! - by Catherine - 09-25-2015, 02:58 PM