Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
50,000 chickens about to be slaughtered
Certainly I do not report religious slaughters for any anti-religious reasons. I report about any slaughter, religious or not because I want them to be stopped. I think that cruelly abusing and slaughtering animals for any reason is wrong. Sadly religion is used as an excuse for a lot of bad behavior.

Quote:How primitive to believe that torturing and killing an innocent animal will cause one to live a good, long life! More likely, the opposite will result. No good comes out of suffering, only bad vibes for the persons deliberately inflicting the suffering.

I agree with you. If you want to atone for past failings, surely an act of goodness would be the right thing to do.

Since donating money is considered an acceptable substitute, why wouldn't a person choose to do that.

I commend the Jewish Religion that it is struggling to overcome this dark ritual. I think all religions have some areas like this where they need to change. It seems to be a part of human nature that we have come up with slaughters like this. It is a global problem. Everywhere we look we are finding these killing festivals. Sometimes religion isn't involved. Sometimes it is a harvest festival or a hunting festival. It is a dark side of human nature and we are changing or we wouldn't be so repulsed by the sight of people torturing chickens.

Quote:"The main part of the service is handing the chicken to the slaughterer and watching the chicken being slaughtered," he told the outlet. "Because that is where you have an emotional moment, where you say, 'Oops, you know what? That could have been me.'"

This is actually disturbing. We have a whole lot of people who like watching chickens killed.
I watch the videos before I post them. (I need to know what I am putting up on the Forum) So I have watched a lot of horrible things. It never gets easy. I am sometimes badly shaken by what I see. When I post a warning about a video, I am trying to protect the rest of you. (I will never be able to unsee the possum and her baby in the Australian Greyhound case)
There are a whole lot of people who have grown up watching and enjoying watching chickens abused and killed.

I would be really worried if I had a child who saw something like that and I would be even more worried if they enjoyed it.

It bothers me that total strangers enjoy such behavior.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: 50,000 chickens about to be slaughtered - by Catherine - 09-20-2015, 04:19 AM