Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Foster Pigs Now with PHOTOS!!
I see how it works. I remember Marigold being a foster while she had her babies. I can see why you took her back when she didn't find a home.
I know the fostering system really helps transitions pets to new homes. It sounds like you keep the ones that just don't make it. They are unable to move on or no one seems to want them. Cecil wouldn't have done well without fostering. You have given him a full life. He probably would have died of stress long ago.

I sometimes board small animals like bunnies and guinea pigs. I get attached, but I always knew they were going home. It is a similar thing. But when the people did not come back for their hamster, I just kept it.

I am sure you are always watching the fosters for that special one that you get to keep. That is the reward isn't it.
I give up my baby snakes to go as pets, but I get to keep anything special(I define special). I look after tons of animals at the reptile centre, but I get to take home anything damaged or handicapped.

You and I let the healthy well adjusted ones go to regular homes.

My pellets are a mix of grain and alfalfa, but I don't remember what else. My piggies love it dry. I must remember that it can be turned to mush if I have a sick piggie to feed. They really like the pellets and eat quite a bit. My hay supply is timothy and it is from a special organic farm that produces hay for small pets. They throw in organic apple twigs from their farm. The piggies love to chew on them. It is a local farm so it is near and it supports a local industry. I am really lucky that I can get such good supplies.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
New Foster Pigs Now with PHOTOS!! - by Cibach - 10-01-2015, 06:47 PM
RE: New Foster Pigs - by Tobi - 10-02-2015, 08:30 AM
RE: New Foster Pigs - by Catherine - 10-02-2015, 01:45 PM
RE: New Foster Pigs - by Cibach - 10-02-2015, 07:45 PM
RE: New Foster Pigs - by Catherine - 10-03-2015, 01:11 PM
RE: New Foster Pigs Now with PHOTOS!! - by Cibach - 10-05-2015, 09:26 PM
RE: New Foster Pigs Now with PHOTOS!! - by Cibach - 10-08-2015, 06:44 PM
RE: New Foster Pigs Now with PHOTOS!! - by Cibach - 10-10-2015, 06:14 PM
RE: New Foster Pigs Now with PHOTOS!! - by cathie - 10-10-2015, 06:59 PM