The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marigold
At last I feel ready to post about my little wild thing.

Marigold came to us as a foster piggy. She was part of a large rescue of piggies that had been released into the wild on a farm in West Wales. The farmer found them on his fortnightly inspection. This was two weeks before an unusually early snowfall, that had been forecast, in October 2010.
20 or more piggies, mostly pregnant females and those that were not pregnant had already given birth in the preceding few days. Only one baby was found.
Marigold was one of the lucky ones. She gave birth at the rescue to three lovely girls. They came to me until they were old enough to be weaned.

[img][Image: 5247100615_39d9065c9b_z.jpg]Marigold and daughters by Gillian Clancy, on Flickr[/img]

This is Marigold with her 3 girls. the baby next to her is Ruby who stayed with her.
They all returned to the rescue and the other 2 girls were rehomed together, but for some reason nobody wanted Marigold and Ruby. They remained at the rescue for 6 weeks and then I brought them back home with me.
Marigold lived here for just about 5 years and was at least 18 months old when rescued.
She mellowed from a frightened wild wee thing into a happy and relaxed piggy, but she never entirely lost her wild instincts.
In her later years she made friends with all our other piggies and the companions of her last day were supplemented by Goldie. Both old girls became inseparable and Marigold followed Goldie to Rainbow bridge just a month later.
As with all my piggies, where possible, she died in my arms and I hope she felt the love and friendship of us all.
She is sadly missed by Cecil, her boar, and Ruby, her daughter, who both now occupy a pen built for 6.

This is the last photo I took of her. She's small but very sweet.

[img][Image: 22869550336_372b08568f_k.jpg]Last photo of Marigold by Gillian Clancy, on Flickr[/img]

Despite her occasional health issues she was a happy and ultimately relaxed piggy who took a large piece my heart with her when she left.
She has joined what we call The Garden Herd. Buried in a paper bag stuffed with sweet fresh hay, just the way she liked it.

Run free with all the others, Cariad, and come and find me when it's time.
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/

Messages In This Thread
Marigold - by Cibach - 11-09-2015, 10:27 PM
RE: Marigold - by Catherine - 11-10-2015, 04:31 AM
RE: Marigold - by LPC - 11-10-2015, 04:32 AM
RE: Marigold - by Tobi - 11-10-2015, 04:48 AM
RE: Marigold - by Ruth - 11-10-2015, 07:50 AM
RE: Marigold - by Cibach - 11-11-2015, 10:27 AM
RE: Marigold - by Ruth - 11-12-2015, 06:25 AM
RE: Marigold - by Tobi - 11-11-2015, 11:01 AM
RE: Marigold - by Catherine - 11-11-2015, 01:30 PM