Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Emily Saw---reasons for becoming vegan
You said it well Catherine. Just one less Turkey killed at Christmas because one person has become suddenly vegetarian won't make a massive difference to the industry, or the way the birds are kept and slaughtered. Although it will make a difference to them, and the way they feel. But if five million people all decide to do the same, then it starts to make changes. It's the same with all things like that; the more people do it, the more trends are altered, and changes made.

I got laughed at today, because a neighbour stopped to wish me Happy Christmas. They asked me if I had a Turkey already....or was I having Goose? I told them gently that I don't eat meat, and they were quite horrified and shocked! I told them I am having nut roast, caramelised onion gravy, Brussels sprouts and crispy roast potatoes. I think many people don't change because they are not confident about cooking vegetarian food, have never found out about it, and are just falling back on traditional habits. Plus some people reckon they don't 'have the time' for all that.
Less thinking involved I guess.

Or some people may have a busy household, they may quite like the idea of being vegetarian, but because everybody else eats meat and would probably laugh at them, decide to eat meat too....or they can't bear the thought of cooking 2 separate dinners.

But when it becomes a way of life, and a habit in itself, cooking vegetarian or vegan balanced meals is very very easy!

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Emily Saw---reasons for becoming vegan - by Tobi - 12-24-2015, 04:57 AM