The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very sad local news...
I was walking yesterday and met a woman who lives nearby. She told me a nearby farm (which I know) has put up a new cowshed. Well, of course I had seen the building work going on all through the summer. (This is NOT my nearest neighbours and their farm, by the way.)
And then I heard that the farmer intends to keep those cows in the huge barn all year round. That is the plan. Unlike my neighbouring farm who always let the cows out in March or April, right through to October or whenever the weather gets very bad.

We were both horrified. Of course, I didn't know this.
New building always has to have planning permission, and a public notice is put up, to give people the chance to contest the building work.....and now I feel so sorry because I never saw one, and I do walk that way quite often.

It is a huge step backwards. Cows in a barn every moment of their lives. Never seeing the sun, or touching grass! Factory farming on my doorstep! I am sad to know factory farming is going on less than a mile away.
I have never seen that round here.

The woman said she didn't want to go vegan, but always bought organic milk products from a farm she knows who have grass-fed cows with a better life. That life is not any way ideal, and involves emotional suffering but not as bad as those cows who will never see the light of day, except for a few brief moments each day when the sunlight passes between their concrete blocks. Poor Souls.

That particular farm's herd always used to be out in the fields! What is the matter with those people?

Messages In This Thread
Very sad local news... - by Tobi - 01-04-2016, 03:31 AM
RE: Very sad local news... - by Catherine - 01-04-2016, 02:46 PM
RE: Very sad local news... - by LPC - 01-04-2016, 09:20 PM
RE: Very sad local news... - by Knight of Albion - 01-05-2016, 03:00 AM
RE: Very sad local news... - by Tobi - 01-05-2016, 03:53 AM
RE: Very sad local news... - by Tobi - 01-05-2016, 07:35 AM
RE: Very sad local news... - by Catherine - 01-05-2016, 06:19 PM
RE: Very sad local news... - by Tobi - 01-06-2016, 02:35 AM
RE: Very sad local news... - by Ruth - 01-06-2016, 02:42 PM
RE: Very sad local news... - by Catherine - 01-06-2016, 06:04 PM
RE: Very sad local news... - by Tobi - 01-07-2016, 03:28 AM