Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dogs to be poisoned by Karachi City Council
Yes it is neither quick nor easy to die from poisoning, unless it is Cyanide in the right amount. No doubt the Council will use Strychnine, and that is a horrible death. Not only that, but Strychnine stays in the soil and remains for a very long time, can affect (kill off) wildlife for many years to come, and poison the environment.
Strychnine is outlawed in some places, but in other places, not so.
And even if they use Warfarin, which is commonly used in 'pest control' -that causes horrible internal bleeding.

These poor dogs are strays through no fault of their own initially. They were probably dogs who had been 'dumped' by humans!

I really hope and pray a kinder solution will be found. Spay/neuter/release.....or the founding of a rescue center for them, and an adoption programme.

Some street-dogs make the most wonderful companions. It might sound strange, but not only do they have mixed-breed genetics in their favour, but have learned things more 'mollycoddled' dogs have not. They have learned valuable social skills, often how to be paeceful with humans (usually in order to get food) and will not fight for no reason, as they know they are vulnerable. They are great dogs to re-home, once they get used to their new situation.

Thank you for posting this. Of course, I signed. I hope it will help them....

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dogs to be poisoned by Karachi City Council - by Tobi - 01-20-2016, 03:59 AM