The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glynneath guinea Pig rescue's start to the year.
I just thought I would post to let folks know how the year has begun at the rescue I visit.
So far, in the month of January, 38 piggies have been taken in by the rescue. There are 11 on the waiting list for space.
25 piggies have found new homes, so there is quite a good through put, which is what we like to see.
There are currently 58 piggies in the rescue looking for new homes. Some are still completing their quarantine period and some are females on pregnancy watch, but there are plenty available to adopt.

January ended in the same vane, with a group of 6 coming in. They are serving out their quarantine and have already been reserved. I, personally, am very pleased that they will be rehomed as a group because it is rare to find someone who wants more than 2 and this group is unusual. They are a mum and Dad (The Dad has been neutered.) plus 4 of their sons, who have also all been neutered. I must say it is unique in my experience to find so many males living peacefully together, especially with a female. They are all of adult age and have lived like this for quite some time.
Their new home will be spectacular, by the sound of it, with three levels and the sides all perspex so they can be seen at all times.

I'm glad so many needful piggies have had a good start to the year, it's just a shame that so many need the help.

February looks set to continue in the same vane. This could be a record year!!
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/

Messages In This Thread
Glynneath guinea Pig rescue's start to the year. - by Cibach - 02-04-2016, 07:53 PM