The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange situation with Mrs Yang (dog rescuer)
This is quite upsetting. I thought twice about whether to post it or not...but maybe people have a right to know.

No To Dog Meat charity visited Mrs Yang last year and found some serious discrepancies, a story that didn't hold together, and dogs in serious need. The link below is from their blog:

https://notodogmeat.wordpress.com/2015/1...gust-2015/
(some of the video images are upsetting; though not gruesome, they show dogs in great need, and some images of deceased dogs.)

Unfortunately, the findings do not sound biased, as they were backed up by a Chinese Animal Rescue group. No To Dog Meat has had a lot of negativity against them on social media, mainly owing to the way they have handled doubters and their critics, but I don't see any reason to disbelieve those 2015 findings.

I am not in a position to judge anyone, but my heart goes out to the dogs. Movement or legal seizing of these dogs by other charities is tricky in China. It may be that Mrs Yang had good intentions and got in over her head, trying to help so many dogs (and cats) But some things do not make sense....such as why did she refuse when food was offered to her shelter, and only wanted the money instead?

Messages In This Thread
Strange situation with Mrs Yang (dog rescuer) - by Tobi - 02-06-2016, 04:53 AM