Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange situation with Mrs Yang (dog rescuer)
(02-07-2016, 10:07 AM)Ruth Wrote:
(02-06-2016, 12:08 PM)Tobi Wrote: I know Ruth. It is horrific.
The people and charities who work to try and help these dogs and cats have my greatest respect. They must see and encounter things that are indescribable.

They have my utmost respect, too.  I don't know if I am thinned skinned or what but I can't stand to see animals suffer.  It is so terrible what humans do to animals.  Humans need to be the ones in cages and the animals outside of them is what I think at times!

No, I don't think it's because you are thin-skinned Ruth. Most people who love animals feel as you do. I know I do. It takes a very special kind of person to work with dogs or any animals in these situations. I am sure if you and I were there, we would roll up our sleeves and do our best to bring some comfort to those dogs. But the people from the rescues and charities have a very special kind of spirit, I think, to get to grips with the awful things which happen, and to be able to work through the minefield of a country's laws to help however they can. Thank goodness they do, and they are strong Souls.
But thanks to the internet, there are still things that people like us can do -in any animal abuse situation worldwide.

But I do admit, some things are too hard to view or cope with emotionally. That is because you have a good heart, and those things are foreign to you.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Strange situation with Mrs Yang (dog rescuer) - by Tobi - 02-08-2016, 04:25 AM