Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange situation with Mrs Yang (dog rescuer)
(02-08-2016, 12:35 PM)Catherine Wrote: This is so bad. It calls into question the rescue work done by other good people and that is not fair. Many people are doing good things in the world. We must not lose faith in them because of this one problem.

There are reputable Rescue Groups in China. Animals Asia is one of them. They work so very hard, and many do liaise with Western groups (such as NTDM) I think Animals Asia were a large part of a rescue of dogs on a truck intended for the meat trade in Tianjin last year. I think I made a post about it here somewhere with pictures, or a website/facebook link?....but the dogs were eventually safe and went to Rescue facilities (Not Mrs Yang's.)

Individuals who rescue need careful monitoring. Sometimes they can have a 'hoarder' mentality, or their intentions can exceed their practical abilities or funds. Even in the UK, and US, there are people who genuinely want to rescue animals, but don't have all the pieces in place or the funding organised properly to be able to do that without some suffering on the animals' part.
Even to keep one dog costs a lot of money. Dogs do not run on fresh air alone. And sooner or later they need medical care.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Strange situation with Mrs Yang (dog rescuer) - by Tobi - 02-09-2016, 04:06 AM