The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please boycott leather
If anyone loves animals, please do not buy leather goods.
The skins could come from pigs, sheep or cows, after they have been slaughtered for meat anyway (bad enough really!) ....and it could come from China, where the most dreadful, indescribable abuse, and the most horrible deaths are caused to DOGS AND CATS  for their skins to make gloves, belts and other luxury leather items.
There is no way of telling what animal it came from as the skins are often purposely mis-labelled.

I will not describe the way those dogs are treated, and the hellish conditions, and manner of their deaths. That would be too upsetting for members and guests.

I never realised this years ago, when I bought soft leather items. I didn't know. And didn't think about it.
I guess many people are in the same position. It is easy to imagine the skins come from animals slaughtered humanely for meat.....and maybe there is nothing we can do about it? So we might as well use their skins??
We must boycott leather! Dogs and cats are being slaughtered in the most horrendous ways, and sometimes even stolen from loving owners in China and the far East to fuel this trade!

Messages In This Thread
Please boycott leather - by Tobi - 02-19-2016, 10:21 AM
RE: Please boycott leather - by Ruth - 02-19-2016, 02:37 PM
RE: Please boycott leather - by cathie - 02-19-2016, 03:17 PM
RE: Please boycott leather - by Catherine - 02-19-2016, 05:04 PM