Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Australian Govt to kill 2 million feral cats
If they're not euthanased what is going to happen then? You want all these ferals to go to shelters to try and find people to pay money to adopt them?
Say they then go to all these different homes, with well-meaning people, who then let them outside. They're outside, they go hunting and they're killing wildlife. It hasn't solved anything.
It's all well and good to tell people to keep their cats indoors, and have cat curfews, but it's virtually impossible to enforce and patrol. I definitely think there needs to be other methods than just killing willy-nilly. Tougher penalties, stricter laws, actual enforcement. But it generally comes down to what is more feasible and cost effective.

I can understand people saying it's not the cats fault and why should they pay. But I don't see people caring when invasive rats, mice, reptiles, even some birds etc are killed. They associate these cats with their pets, which they're not.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Australian Govt to kill 2 million feral cats - by platy - 02-24-2016, 06:55 PM