Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Australian Govt to kill 2 million feral cats
I am glad you posted that. It is good to know what is going on an why.

I know the TNR works in urban areas. It eventually reduces the number of cats because most of a population can be caught and sterilized. Maintaining them in the area prevents other cats from moving in.

Australia is facing a problem of millions of cats over thousands of miles. You have whole islands that are over run with cats.
The mind can't take in the vastness of the problem. I can see why TNR is not possible, at least not the way it is usually done. It wouldn't be possible to sterilize enough cats to reduce the numbers.

Leaving the cats to reproduce and increase in numbers will end in an eco-disaster for native Australian wildlife.

Thinking of killing 2 million cats is a shocking proposal.

I don't know what the solution is. Australia is faced with a problem that was started generations ago when people let cats run wild. These cats are probably really feral because they are not people dependent like urban feral cats.

I don't know what can be done to save these cats. No shelter can take two million mostly unadoptable cats. The numbers are staggering.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: Australian Govt to kill 2 million feral cats - by Catherine - 03-30-2016, 01:36 PM